WHAT TO DO INCASE OF AN ACCIDENT
*It is crucial that you follow and obey all traffic laws and posted street sign*
- Remain at the scene of the accident
- Insurance information can be found in the glove compartment
- Call 911 and arrange for local law enforcement and medical assistance as needed. Contact the police for all collisions, regardless of severity, to obtain a third-party evaluation of the incident
- Call your supervisor and the transportation department (209) 495-2394 (call the transportation department immediately even if after school hours)
- Do not accuse the other driver of fault or engage in arguments about fault.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except law enforcement authorities and your supervisor
- To the extent the employee can reasonably do so, obtain written names and contact information for all persons involved in the accident, including passengers and any potential witnesses. Important information to obtain from other drivers, if possible, is name, address, phone number, vehicle make/model/license number, name of insurance company, policy number, and employer’s name.
- If there are no serious physical injuries or fatalities and the vehicle is safely moveable, remove the vehicle from the main traveled portion of the roadway onto the shoulder, emergency lane, median, or other safe refuge.
- If the vehicle can safely be driven, please return vehicle to where you picked it up and send a copy of all of the above information to email@example.com if after school hours call 209-495-2345.
- If the vehicle is not in a drivable condition the transportation department will arrange towing
Central Region School Insurance Group
State: Memorandum #:
CALIFORNIA 2019-2022 MOC
Effective date: Expiration Date:
JULY 1, 2019 JULY 1, 2022