After users are added to ParentSquare by the school or district, they will receive all messages from the school even if they have not registered their account. Users need to register their account to participate in two-way communication features.
There are three ways a user can register their ParentSquare account:
- Click activation link in email or text (click here for notification examples.)
- Sign in to ParentSquare https://www.parentsquare.com/signin using the contact information (email or phone number) that matches the data in ParentSquare.
- Click link in a post or message. Users who did not register previously in response to an invitation, will be asked to register the first time they click on a link to sign in or sign up. For example, if an unregistered parent receives a post with parent-teacher conference sign ups, clicking the link to sign up for the conference will first lead them through the process of registering their ParentSquare account.
District Admin: Send Invitation by Email/Text
- At the District level in ParentSquare, go to Home menu.
- Select Directory in left sidebar.
- (Optional) View and edit invitation before sending. Click Send Invitations in right sidebar and select View/Edit Invitation Email. Make changes and click Save.
- Click Send Invitations in right sidebar and choose from the following:
- Click Invite All District Users.
- Click Invite All School Staff.
- Click Invite All Teachers.
- Click Invite All Parents.
School Admin: Send Invitation by Email/Text
Send an invitation email/text to parents, teachers, and staff from a SCHOOL SITE in ParentSquare.
- From Admin, under Data Assistant in left sidebar, select Students*, Parents or Staff. *If StudentSquare enabled.
(Optional) View and edit invitation before sending. Click drop-down on Invite # Unregistered and select View/Edit Invitation Email. Make changes and click Save.
- Invite User by one of these options:
- Select checkbox next to unregistered parent. Click drop-down on Actions, select Invite.
- Bulk invite all unregistered users by clicking Invite # Unregistered. The number displayed is the count of unregistered users in that role.
- Repeat as needed for each of the roles: Students, Parents and Staff.
Self Sign Up
Using the ParentSquare website, Users can generate an account activation email/ text to register their account.
- Visit https://www.parentsquare.com/signin
- Under Sign Up/Create Password, enter Email or Cell Phone Number. You must use the same email/phone you provided to your school.
- Click Go.
- If the email/phone matches the information in ParentSquare, user receives an account activation email/text to register.