Access Control is a badge system that allows authorized users into secured areas. It also enables integration into the burglar alarm system. Every building will have an “alarm reader” that needs to be disarmed before you can enter. See map for alarm reader locations.
If GREEN, the alarm is disarmed
If RED, the alarm is armed
How to Disarm Alarm Readers:
How to Arm Alarm Readers:
How to Access a Door:
Patterson High Alarm Reader Locations:
What if the building loses power?
- To ensure maximum security buildings and campuses will arm themselves when power is restored.
- Doors will lock and the alarm will begin the 60 second countdown to arm.
- If this happens to the Admin building, the entire campus will arm. Admin/Custodian/Maintenance will have 60 seconds to use the master reader located on the westside of the Admin Building to cancel the arming process.
- During the power outage site doors will be accessible by cards that have accessed them before
What if the day is over and I need to secure the campus but some buildings are armed and some are disarmed?
- Admin/Custodian/Maintenance member will need to double badge at the master reader located on the westside of the Admin Building to initialize the campus wide arming process
What if the security alarm arms in the middle of the day?
- Check the panel in the Admin building for a message.
- If messages reads, "Building XXX is arming" then someone has armed the alarm in that building. Wait 60 seconds and the beeping will stop.
- If messages reads, "Trouble" contact the Helpdesk. There is an error on the panel and it needs to be looked at.
Note: The beep pattern during a trouble alarm is two (2) beeps with a one (1) second pause
What if the alarm reader is green even if I double badge?
- Follow the steps to arm the alarm and wait 60 seconds after you double badge and the LED on the reader will turn RED.