WebEx Training Notes
Two Types of Meetings:
Webex Personal Meeting:
Anyone can join a personal Webex. Great for Office Hours, one on ones or small group meetings that anyone can attend if they go to your personal Webex meeting.
The meeting takes place to only those that are invited with code. Great for meetings with no interruptions.
Part 1: Log-in
- Watch How to Login Video(for teachers and administrators)
- Teachers and Administrators should have received an email to Activate an account
- Create a password for first log-in
- Go to Preferences on the left side - connect Google account
- Log-out and then log back in with Google (dropdown)
Part 2: Join a Meeting
- Watch How you Use Webex
- Prior to logging in. Check computer settings as follows:
- Sound turned on
- Sound turned up
- Microphone on
- You can also change the sound settings within Webex once in the meeting room. Click the 3 dots, choose Speaker, Microphone, and Camera
- Adjust what is not working.
- EASIEST WAY TO JOIN a scheduled meeting: If invited to a meeting in Webex, go to either the calendar invite, email invitation, or log in to Webex to join.
- If joining a personal meeting, you can join a meeting by typing the host’s name in the search bar & select correct meeting/host
- If the meeting has not started, you can request to notify the host
Part 3: Starting a Meeting
Public meeting until locked by the host: once attendees have joined, the host can lock the meeting by clicking on the three dots and clicking on the lock meeting option.
- Go to Home screen
- Click on the arrow next to Start a Meeting
- Select “Use Desktop App” - applies for computer
- Click on Start meeting
- Click “Open Cisco Webex Meeting”
- Start meeting
- Should have a message “waiting for others to join”
Part 4: Scheduling a Future Meeting
- Create a Meeting via Calendar or in Webex.
- Calendar: Create invite in the calendar, invite participants, add the correct Webex Conference option.
- Webex: Click Schedule in the home area…
- Complete information…
- Meeting topic
- Add attendees OR after hitting schedule copy the link and share via email
- Start or Schedule
- If the meeting is coming up, you can select start
- If the meeting is not coming up, will display schedule
- Initiate Your Scheduled Meeting
- Home screen
- Upcoming meetings
- Open Webex meeting with Cisco
- Start meeting